Because leaving your car at home – even just a couple days a week – is so beneficial, RideShare will make it even easier by paying for your transportation if the unexpected happens while you’re at work. It’s called the Guaranteed Ride Home Program.
Once you register for Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH), you will receive a Member ID card, voucher, and survey form. Keep them at work. If an emergency arises and you need to leave, notify your immediate supervisor and contact one of the service providers listed in our FAQ section to the right. Tell them you are a RideShare Guaranteed Ride Home member and need transportation.
When the taxi (or rental car) arrives, present your ID card, picture ID, and voucher. The voucher is your “payment”; the provider sends it to us and we pay. To replace the voucher you’ve used, fill out and return the survey form to us within 10 days of your ride home. We will send you another voucher through the mail. Guaranteed Ride Home vouchers do not cover gratuity.
You get up to five (5) free trips per calendar year. Please note that the Guaranteed Ride Home is not for personal errands or non-emergencies. Usage is monitored, and GRH members will be billed for non-emergency transportation. Misuse of the program is grounds for being dropped from membership.
Use it when
- You or an immediate family member has a sudden illness or injury.
- You are asked by your supervisor to work unscheduled overtime that will result in you missing your ride or bus.
- Your carpool driver has to leave early unexpectedly.
- There’s an emergency at home.
You are eligible if
- you are employed full-time or permanent part-time, and
- you are registered with RideShare and
- you get to work one of the following ways at least twice a week:
- carpool (including riding with your spouse)
- public transit